Vintage items are all used, unless otherwise stated. Normal signs of wear should be expected. All faults are clearly described and photographed.
Pristine, Perfect, Mint - As new with absolutely no flaws or wear.
Excellent - Used, with no noticeable flaws.
Very Good - Used, with minor flaws, no repairs needed.
Good - Visible wear, minor flaws and/or optional repairs needed.
Fair - Numerous flaws, repairs needed, fragile.
Poor - Extensive damage, for display or study only.
(Courtesy of the Vintage Fashion Guild)
Goods are posted via standard mail usually within one business day. Shipping is free within Australia for most items. International shipping charges are discounted.
Australian buyers can upgrade to Express Post at checkout if desired.
Small and flat items are shipped as A4 letters, without tracking.
Goods to the value of $AU50 are shipped overseas without tracking. You can select the upgrade to tracked post at checkout if desired.
For international customers, shipping can be combined if purchasing more than one item. Any excess postage paid by international customers will be refunded.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Shopify to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering if you contact me directly. I will use your email address to contact you regarding your order and shipping. If you give permission, i.e. join my VIP Club subscriber list, I will occasionally contact you with shop news and special deals. I will keep your personal address and contact details only to fulfil your order, and to remit to the Australian Taxation Office as required. I will keep information for approximately four years as required for taxation purposes.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my VIP Club mailing list; A tracking cookie will be deployed on a subscriber's device when a link within a product retargeting email is clicked. This cookie allows Louisa Amelia Jane Vintage to follow the success of the marketing email. This information is used for no other purpose and is not passed on to other parties.
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Shopify. I share information with Shopify as necessary to provide you my services.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
By using this website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- If you subscribe to my VIP Club subscriber list, I will share your email address with Mailchimp who manage my subscriber list on my behalf.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the Australia, the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Joanne Thompson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Friendly disclaimer: This information is for educational and informational purposes only. The content should not be construed as legal advice. It is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an lawyer-client relationship. The author and Etsy, Inc. disclaim all responsibility for any and all losses, damages, or causes of action that may arise or be connected with the use of these materials. Please consult a licensed lawyer in your area with specific legal questions or concerns.